z.Shinjuku Family House - KS
- SQM 58
Quiet family area, yet walking distance to the vibrant west Shinjuku skyscraper district, many popular sights, and several train stations. 2 keys, 2 pocket Wifi (for free wifi outside), comfortable beds, native English support -- and lots of space for you to feel at home in!
The apartment is 58 sq. m (624 sq ft.) which is quite spacious [(for Tokyo)]. It has 3 bedrooms, but we took the sliding doors off of one of the bedrooms and use it as a living room. [This room has a sofa bed so can be used as a 3rd bedroom if needed.] The other 2 bedrooms are separate and have doors.
The apartment has strong Wifi and also comes with 2 mobile (pocket Wifi) devices that you can take out with you while exploring Tokyo. The pocket wifi will give you *free* Wifi on your mobile phones and laptops while you are outside of the house. This will enable you to access maps and will make navigating Tokyo so much easier!
*Up to 5 users (or devices) can connect to each pocket-wifi!
*We provide 2 pocket Wifi - and 2 sets of keys - so your group can go out separately.
The entire apartment is for your private use. It is professionally cleaned between visitors and has everything you will need to be comfortable.
2 pocket Wifi (for receiving free wifi/ accessing maps, etc. outside)
2 sets of keys
Clear, easy-to-understand communication / directions
A personal check-in (not a lock box)
Photographed translations of appliances
A neighborhood map
Restaurant and transport info.
Native English support
Fresh bedding (all linens are washed before check-in)
Kitchen and bath towels
A washing machine
Guidebooks (and tips on how to enjoy Tokyo)
Hangers, closet and dresser space
Coffee and tea
Pots and pans / utensils / oil, salt and pepper, etc...
Shampoo, body soap, hair dryer, etc...
An iron and ironing board
Black out curtains and light blocking window shades
Heat block umbrellas (in summer)
Baby equipment (portable crib, high chair, stroller, a few toys)
Apple TV / Netflix / Local TV
A picnic sheet
Space to stretch out!
Interaction with guests
**The ability to communicate in English is required for this home. I provide a lot of written information (by PDF and also in my House Manual). There is a lot of information in English. Please be sure this is a good fit for you and your group.**
I will send you a PDF before your trip. Guests must read the PDF as it has a lot of important information - as well as instructions that must be followed for check in.
On check in day, either myself - or my assistant - will meet you for check-in. I will communicate with you a few weeks in advance to coordinate a tentative meeting time and place. On check in day, either myself - or my assistant - will keep in touch with you so that we can time our arrival and meet each other at the same time.
If you have additional questions before, or during your stay, you're welcome to contact me through this site at any time. I can usually reply quickly and sincerely enjoy giving advice and helping guests out.
Other things to note
**ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS**
FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN:
The apartment is really good for families with small children. A high chair, a portable crib/play pen is available. We also provide baby shampoo, baby bath towels, and a few toys.
Apartments in Tokyo are small. If you have children, you will appreciate the separate sleeping rooms and extra space!
Six persons (including infants) is the maximum. We do not allow guests to exceed capacity. Thank you for understanding.
The beds are comfortable. The 2 double beds are 140 x 200 cm, the single bed is 100 x 200 cm, and the sofa bed is 80 x 200 cm.
I will send you detailed directions / options from the airports a few weeks before your trip. In addition to arriving by train, the Tokyo Shinjuku Hilton is a 12 minute walk (or a short taxi ride) and has buses to and from the airports throughout the day.
Either myself, or my assistant, will meet you for check in. We will schedule a tentative time in advance. On the day, you will need to keep in contact (and send updates) so we can time our arrival to meet you at the correct time and place. Instructions will be sent by PDF.
WINTER / SUMMER MONTHS:
Japanese homes do not have central A/C, however, you will be comfortable inside. Each bedroom has an A/C wall unit (which also functions as a heater in the the winter). Please note: there is no A/C in the bathroom or hallway. Please expect the bathroom and hallway to be cold in winter and hot in summer. This is typical of all homes in Japan. They are designed this way for ecological reasons.
I'm sorry. We cannot keep luggage before check-in or after check-out. Here are some options for luggage storage:
1. Train stations have luggage size lockers that can store luggage for a few hours or up to 3 days. The large, luggage size lockers are 500 - 600 yen a day.
2. In addition to lockers, there is also a drop off counter in Shinjuku station that can hold luggage. I can send information if interested.
3. If you need to store luggage for more than 3 days, I can send information about a luggage storage facility in Tokyo.
4. You can have your luggage delivered to the airport (or to your next destination in Japan) from convenience stores. I can send instructions for you to do this. They can hold your luggage for up to 7 days before delivery. It's easy, very reliable and not expensive.
5. You can have your luggage delivered to the apartment so that it arrives after you check-in. **Please note: Deliveries to the apartment are by permission [and by my arrangement] only.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT:
Please be mindful of the check in and check out times. These times are standard for Airbnb. We wash all bedding between guests. We need this time to wash and dry bedding - and to clean / prepare the apartment between guests.
If you want early check-in (or late check out), there are a few options:
1. We can write a note for you so you can have your luggage delivered to the apartment from the airport at a time that is convenient for you. That way you can go sightseeing while we prepare the apartment.
2. You can use the luggage size lockers / or luggage counter at Shinjuku station while we prepare the apartment.
3. IF the apartment is empty on the day before or the day after your reservation (AND my cleaning staff is available), I can sometimes arrange early check in (or late check out) without fee. However, we sometimes get last minute bookings and/or the cleaning staff becomes busy with other last minute bookings - so I won't know for sure until a day or less in advance.
4. If you want to guarantee early check in (or late check out), you can book the apartment from the day before (or the day after). That way the apartment will be be empty and available for early check-in or late check-out.
Check-in is available until midnight.
1 Bathroom, 2 Bedroom, 1 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, 1 Toilet
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 2 Double bed, 1 Studio couch, 1 Single bed
CookingChild's high chair, Cooking utensils, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Rice steamer, Spices, Toaster
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Electric heating
EntertainmentWireless Broadband Internet, TV (Cable)
SanitaryBidet, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set, Washbasin
LaundryBathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, Safety Card, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner